Find the Way Home | Last Chapter: The Anchantic Forest

Argena, Mary, Carol, Coral and Jake were on their way to Anchantic Forest. They were all tired from hours of travelling.

Finally, they arrived at the Anchantic Forest.

“This feels really familiar to me,” Mary thought.

They stopped and rested under a pretty green tree. Argena tried to find a place they could live in.

“Hey guys,” Argena shouted, “There is a bush here and I do not see other animals!”

Argena and the rabbits lived in the Anchantic Forest for a year.

The twins, Carol and Coral were still living happily together. Jake and Mary made a family. The Anchantic Forest was safe for them.

One day, when they were talking to their bush neighbour, Pip, Mary asked, “Do you know a rabbit family called Nita?”

Pip told Mary, “No, but I heard that there’s a family called Atin. It’s ‘Nita’ read backwards.”

Mary thought, “Maybe that’s my family! But how can I find them?”

Suddenly, an old rabbit came looking for Pip.

Pip asked the old rabbit, “She is looking for a rabbit family called Nita. Do you know anyone of that name by chance?”

Pip pointed at Mary.

The old rabbit asked Mary, “You are looking for a family called Nita?”

Mary nodded.

The old rabbit looked carefully at her and said, “Very familiar… James!!!”

James answered, “Yes!!!”

He ran out and said, “How can I help you?”

The old rabbit murmured something to James. James looked at Mary and his eyes suddenly widened.

James cried, “IT IS YOU!!!!!! MY LITTLE SISTER!!!!!!”

Do you remember the story from Carol and Coral’s old rabbit friend? James was the brother at the start, and Mary was the little sister who got captured.

The old rabbit and James were survivors of that disaster.

“You are my only surviving brother?” Mary asked sadly.

The Nita rabbit family only had 35 family members left. There were 101 rabbits before the disaster. They changed their family name to try to forget about the tragedy that happened.

Mary cried out loudly and they cuddled. Their tears dropped onto the ground. The old rabbit got tears in his eyes too. All of the animals in the Anchantic Forest were touched.

James stopped crying.

“We were looking for you, you know? We were hopeless. Until now, at last…”

Mary continued, “I found the way home.”

THE END

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun facts about “Find the Way Home”

  • I wrote and finished this story back in 2008
  • This was the first long, chaptered story I wrote
  • Before looking at it again years later, I thought this was a cute, innocent children’s story, since I wrote it in 2008 when I was younger – after reading the part where she had nightmares about getting eaten, I think this was more of a rendition of a children’s story
  • I actually had toned down some of the scenes believe it or not
  • No, I do not think back in 2008 my brain realised “Mr. Conlon” sounded a lot like “Mr. Colon”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
©Yolanda Yip (Wintsarye)

Comments