The Fight

“I don’t know if I can trust you anymore!” Naka yelled and put her hands over her eyes.

“I am sorry, Naka, I really am,” Louis shook his head.

“You keep doing this, over and over. It is hurting me, and this family,” Naka cried.

“I am trying, I really am.”

“You are not trying hard enough, apparently. How much attention do you need to pay? How much care do I need to give?”

“Naka, I love…”

“Me? Really? Well, that explains why you keep doing that.”

“I am not good enough sometimes! Okay?”

“Yes! I know. And maybe, I am not good enough as well, since I chose to be with you.”

Louis started sobbing, “Naka, I am sorry. I don’t know how many times I need to say that….”

“It is not the saying. It is the doing.”

“I will do it.”

“You say that, but how do I know you will?”

“You can only rely on time to tell,” Louis said.

Naka sighed and sat down, “I really don’t know.”

“Just tell me what to do,” Louis kneeled in front of her and held her hand.

“You know what to do. Or at least you should,” Naka stood back up, “Why would you need me to tell you that?”

“Sometimes I don’t know enough.”

Naka sat down again, and Louis sat next to her.

“Will you please give me another chance?”

Naka sighed, “Alright.”

Louis finally smiled and hugged Naka.

“Just tell me, I will do as you say,” Louis said.

“Please don’t put foil covered food in the microwave again. At least take the foil off before you put it in. Or next time we will not be here, but in a shelter,” Naka sighed.

“Yep, understood.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
©Yolanda Yip (Wintsarye)

Comments